BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (7/24): The Birmingham Police Department has released the identity of one of the the victims in an early Friday morning shooting.
Demarcus Trelaine Beasley, 49, was found unresponsive suffering from a gunshot wound in the 900 block of 47th Street N at 7:20 a.m. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
BPD says a second victim was taken to UAB Hospital with life-threatening injuries. Their identity has not been released at this time.
According to BPD, a preliminary investigation suggests Beasley and the other victim were involved in an altercation prior to the shooting.
There are no suspects in custody at this time. If you have any information on the case, contact BPD at 205-254-1764 or CrimeStoppers at 205=254-7777.
ORIGINAL (7/24): A shooting has left one person dead in the 900 block of 47th Street in north Birmingham Friday morning.
According to Sgt. Rodarius Mauldin, the deceased was found lying on the ground with a gunshot wound. In addition, another person was transported to the hospital for treatment from a gunshot wound.
No information was released on the circumstances surrounding the shooting or if there are any suspects in custody.
- Sheriff shares new information in hot car death investigation
- ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’: 9-year-old Oklahoma boy wants place to call home
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- Eat Drink Ride Food Tour in Birmingham emerges amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Biden, Harris make first appearance as running mates