SPRINGVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — A correctional officer with the Alabama Department of Corrections has been arrested for contraband possession.
During a vehicle inspection, 26-year-old Ivan Caldwell was found to be in possession of two packages that contained 138 grams of methamphetamine and 16 grams of heroin. He was transported and booked into the St. Clair County Jail.
Caldwell was arrested and charged with two counts of trafficking in controlled substances, promoting prison contraband and violation of a license to carry a pistol.
Caldwell had been employed by ADOC since 2017. He resigned after his arrest.
- Childersburg principal behind viral COVID-19 video issues challenge to other educators
- New food center coming to former Super Walmart in Fairfield
- Newsfeed Now: Walmart attack caught on video; Obituary goes viral
- Man who shot Denver officer and escaped prison in 1974 arrested in New Mexico
- Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s death from COVID-19 in scathing obit