PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a man died after he refused to pull over for an Alabama county sheriff’s deputy and crashed into a utility pole.
The Lee County Coroner’s Office says 42-year-old Heath Stafford refused to stop early Wednesday morning and tried to elude the deputy when he lost control of his pickup truck in Phenix City.
Stafford had to be extricated from the vehicle. The coroner’s office says he was taken to a hospital, where he died from multiple blunt force injuries. The crash is under investigation.
- Off-duty Kentucky officers stop robbery during their date night
- Milwaukee father accused of setting children’s mother on fire complained she ‘wouldn’t pay her taxes’
- Bill looks to put money in local communities to fight veteran suicide
- Hanceville Bulldogs are Final Four bound in Class 3A of AHSAA
- Suspects charged with using slingshot to shoot marbles into moving cars