BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP/WIAT) — One of the nation’s largest churches continues buying property for a planned new campus for Highlands College, which trains ministers.
Al.com reports that Church of the Highlands is purchasing the land near the former Cahaba Grand Conference Center in Birmingham. Real estate records show that the church this month closed on a deal to pay $32 million for an office building, parking deck and land.
The church also purchased additional land and a warehouse for $2.925 million. Highlands College last year announced plans to move its campus by 2021 to the area where the land is being purchased and double its enrollment.
- President Trump unveils healthcare plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- AP Sources: Pac-12 football season to kick off in November
- Jefferson County reflects on progress from statewide Gas Tax increase
- ‘Benadryl challenge’: FDA issues alert over dangerous TikTok trend
- Louisiana 4th grader suspended over BB gun during virtual class