WAVELAND, Miss. (WKRG) — A mother says her 12-year-old daughter was given a black doll with beads around its neck during a Mardi Gras parade in Waveland.
Waveland Mayor Mike Smith said on Facebook “that is the most horrible and disgusting act that anyone could do. This person or persons does not represent the wonderful people of our city or county.”
He adds the city is working to find out the person and float responsible for this doll. As of now, no arrests have been made. We’ve reached out to Waveland Police and are waiting for a response to this investigation.
- Birmingham police investigating fatal shooting on 16th Street
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- Businesses, communities showing support for health care workers during coronavirus pandemic
- NFL teams rely on tape with virus altering pre-draft routine
- Canceled by Coronavirus: Vegas’ elaborate draft plans change