JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the shooting death of an 11-year-old boy on a hunting trip.
According to JCSO, the boy was killed while he and his father and two other hunters were hunting turkeys Friday morning in the 9100 block Cedar Mountain Road.
Medical personnel responded to the scene but were unable to revive him.
A family friend has organized a GoFundMe account for the family Troy Ellis, according to the account. He is the 11-year-old accidentally killed while hunting. All proceeds received will be given to the Ellis family in order to cover any financial costs. So far, the GoFundMe has raised over $30,000.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- 2 arrested after leading deputies on chase believed to be a kidnapping
- US Supreme Court grants Alabama’s request to halt ruling on curbside voting
- Alabama groups and lawmakers react to Pope Francis same-sex union comments
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Birmingham city leaders and Health professionals call for more COVID-19 testing in JeffCo.