BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Update (6/7): GoFundMe suspended Candace Owens’ account and her campaign for Parkside Cafe, a Birmingham bar.
Candace Owens, a conservative commentator, and political activist has started a GoFundMe account for the Parkside Cafe owner in Birmingham.
In a Facebook status, Owens says she wants to help the owners’ “already-struggling business” after people began boycotting his establishment. The owner reportedly made controversial remarks about George Floyd. Owens says she and the cafe owner shared similar views on George Floyd, saying he was a “not an innocent man.” She also referred to the protests in honor of Floyd as “mob behavior.”
Owens is known for her pro-Trump activism and her criticism of the Black Lives Matter movement.
In closing her status, she left a link to the funding account labeled, “MOB RULE HAS NO PLACE IN AMERICA,” and says to Parkside Cafe, “we won’t let this happen to you.”
- Employee at Alabama Veteran’s Home says ‘hero pay’ to workers stopped
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection
- JeffCo. detectives need assistance identifying suspect in CVS attempted robbery