BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — No more Peeps are being hatched for at least a couple of weeks — but it shouldn’t affect Easter baskets.
The Bethlehem, Pennsylvania-based Just Born confections company said its production facilities there and in Philadelphia closed Wednesday through April 7.
But the company says it had already produced and shipped the Easter supply of its signature marshmallow confection to outlets.
Just Born says the popular Peeps & Company retail store in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, is also closed for now.
The store is billed as a Peeps “experience” and features light displays, historical videos and merchandise.
The company also makes other candies, including Mike and Ikes and Goldenberg’s Peanut Chews.
Just Born officials say that inventories of those candies had been shipped prior to the production stoppage, but that they might be in short supply at some retailers.
- Alabama first responders taking precautions to transport COVID-19 patients
- Person who ‘spent time’ at Columbiana Regions bank tests positive for COVID-19
- Wisconsin restaurant takes prices off menu letting customers pay for what they can during coronavirus crisis
- How to save electricity at home and lower your utility bills
- Jefferson County Commission extends closure of courthouses, purchases 55 hospital beds in ’emergency meeting’