BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department has reclassified a justifiable homicide in August as a murder.
32-year-old Mario Joe Kindred was killed on Aug. 17 on Gamma Street. The case was initially ruled as a homicide before being classified as justifiable after assessment from the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office on Aug. 19.
BPD resubmitted the case on Oct. 22 and after “additional developments” were observed, the case was ruled once again as a homicide.
The suspect involved in the case is still at large at this time. BPD has not released their identity at this time for operational purposes.
- Local dance studios follow COVID-19 protocols in order to perform
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Fans still excited for Iron Bowl after Saban contracts COVID-19
- 2 businesses burglarized in Montgomery County
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments