NORTHPORT, Ala. (WIAT) — The the American Red cross is asking donors to give blood at a special blood drive for Neuroblastoma awareness. The blood drive is also in memory of Jaden Elijah Smith.
He was diagnosed with stage four Neuroblastoma at the age of 10. The disease forms solid tumors in the adrenal glands, abdomen, neck, chest, or pelvis.
The sixth grader passed away four months after his diagnosis. The blood drive will be July 7th from noon until 7 p.m.
It will be at the City of Northport Civic center. That’s located on Mcfarland Boulevard in Northport.
- Miss Hoover giving back to community with family portraits for the ‘Front Porch Project’
- Alabama photo contest opens Aug. 3
- Alabama Department of Public Health releases COVID-19 guidance for schools
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Central AL Forecast: Just a few showers today, mainly dry trend continues