BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Zoo announced it will be opening the My Eye Dr. Lorikeet Aviary Saturday, Aug. 29.
The Birmingham Zoo said the aviary will be open from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Guests and members will need to pre-purchase timed tickets online the day before their visit. Lorikeet feedings are $3 plus tax and will be available on weekends only, Saturday and Sunday during the hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The aviary will be operating at limited capacity to ensure participants are at safe distance from one another, and the maximum number per party is ten people. All visitors are required to wear face coverings inside the aviary and to participate in feedings.
Visitors are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets online at the Birmingham Zoo website to help minimize physical contact with Zoo staff. Tickets for the Red Diamond Express train and Protective Life carousel are also on sale on the zoo’s website.
- UPDATE: 4 injured during shooting at football game at Ladd-Peebles Stadium
- Alabama high school football scores for Oct. 14, Oct. 15
- 17-year-old shot in Birmingham’s Inglenook neighborhood
- Accident on Highway 79 north of Pinson shuts down both lanes, 1 person airlifted
- ‘Senseless tragedy’: Tuscaloosa 13-year-old shot, killed in community off Fosters Ferry Road