AUSTIN (KXAN) — Music superstar Beyoncé is getting 100 $5,000 checks in formation — to help individuals and families impacted by the current pandemic housing crisis.
The BeyGood Impact Fund previously gave $10,000 grants to over 250 small businesses who were affected due to COVID-19.
Renters nationwide face a critical timeclock, as the federal eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec. 31 — with no plan yet in place to extend it. The Census Bureau estimates 11.3 million households are behind on rent or won’t be able to pay the coming month’s, according to Washington Post.
The online application process will open Jan. 7, with grants dispersed later that month. A second round will open in February, BeyGOOD says.
- ‘Zip Tie Guy’ had 15 firearms, tactical gear in his home, court documents say
- New Orleans woman imprisoned at 19 is stunned, elated by pardon from Trump
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- Trump button used to order Diet Coke disappears from Oval Office’s Resolute Desk
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC