MONROVIA, Calif. (WIAT & CBS) — On Friday morning, a large brown bear was seen wandering in a California neighborhood.
Wildlife officials and curious onlookers watch as the animal roams through the residential streets and into nearby alleys in Monrovia.
The bear was spotted around 4:30 a.m.
At least one vehicle came perilously close to the bear in the middle of a street, driving past in the pre-dawn darkness.
The massive bear made its way into the front yards of several homes.
After hours of enjoying its time in the many yards in the neighborhood, wildlife crews have officially tranquilized the bear in order to capture it.
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s family speaks on his legacy
- How will a $15-per-hour federal minimum wage impact Alabama small businesses?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief