Alabama will hold its 15th annual sales tax holiday, starting July 17, at 12:01 a.m. and ending July 19, at midnight.
The tax-free weekend is meant to give shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain school supplies, computers and clothing free of state sales tax. Local sales tax may still apply.
Here is a list of items that qualify for the sale:
- CDC study shows pregnant women are at greater risk for COVID-19
- One of last living Birmingham Black Barons looking for lost suitcase in Fultondale
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- West Alabama bingo hall opposes gambling bill
- Poet Amanda Gorman said she was targeted by security guard: ‘One day an icon, the next a threat’