HARROGATE, ENGLAND (WIAT/CNN) — A viral video captures the sound of joy when a baby’s hearing aid is turned on.
The video has gone viral with more than 700,000 views.
The father, Paul Addison, says he and his wife first learned about his daughter Georgina’s hearing difficulties when she failed her newborn hearing test.
She was referred to an audiologist, diagnosed with severe deafness, and the doctor suggested hearing aids.
They took the advice and 4-month-old Georgina was outfitted with hearing aids from the United Kingdom’s national health service about five weeks ago.
Addison posted the video on twitter because he wanted the world to know the joy his family experiences when their daughter’s new hearing aids are turned on in the morning.
- UAB doctor: ‘We are seeing the highest number of patients I have ever taken care of in my 10 years of being a hospitalist’
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- 15-year-old girl who beat cancer last summer dies of COVID-19
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus