BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The non-profit Avondale Samaritan Place is offering free farm fresh produce to families who need it.
It’s a drive-thru distribution on 5th Avenue South in Birmingham. To observe COVID-19 social distancing protocols, drivers will have to stay in their vehicles. The drive is part of the USDA farmers to families food box program.
According to the Avondale Samaritan Place Facebook page, food will be distributed every Wednesday through July 22. Wednesday’s food giveaway starts at 10 a.m.
- What’s in the air in Fairfield? Health officials say it’s safe, residents not so sure
- Ohio man could get prison for dumping garbage on own property for years
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
- Pennsylvania man accused of stalking woman with tracking device
- Why car prices are skyrocketing – and may not fall for a while