ANNISTON, Ala. (WIAT) — The city of Anniston has announced that as temperatures drop in Alabama, officials will shuttle those in need of shelter to local hotels to keep them warm.
According to a press release, the city partnered with The Right Place, Inc. to transport people to these hotels that were secured through emergency hotel vouchers.
The city announced this alternative due to the potential danger of spreading the coronavirus if normal warming stations were opened during the drop in temperatures.
If you are in need of shelter starting Nov. 30, contact The Right Place at 256-238-6231 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Betty White to mark 99th birthday by “feeding ducks”
- Central AL Forecast: Cold & dry for the near-term; Rain chances late next week