ALABASTER, Ala. (WIAT) — A Chick-fil-A location in Alabaster is currently closed due to one employee testing positive for COVID-19, the company confirmed to CBS 42 Tuesday.
In a statement from Constantine Zouboukos, the franchise operator at the Alabaster location on Colonial Promenade Parkway, management recently found out found that one of the workers at the restaurant had tested positive for the virus.
Zouboukos said that following news of the diagnosis, management took immediate action to close the restaurant and are now working with the Shelby County Health Department to clean and disinfect the restaurant in accordance with public health guidelines.
No information was given on when the restaurant would re-open.
- A record 6.6 million seek US jobless aid as layoffs mount
- UAB doctor offers new guidance on masks for COVID-19
- WATCH: Stocks shake off an early stumble and turn slightly higher
- World Games in Birmingham pushed back to 2022 due to Tokyo Olympics rescheduling
- Coronavirus in Florida: Tampa woman self-isolating with rescue ducks