ALABASTER, Ala. (WIAT) — A Chick-fil-A location in Alabaster is currently closed due to one employee testing positive for COVID-19, the company confirmed to CBS 42 Tuesday.
In a statement from Constantine Zouboukos, the franchise operator at the Alabaster location on Colonial Promenade Parkway, management recently found out found that one of the workers at the restaurant had tested positive for the virus.
Zouboukos said that following news of the diagnosis, management took immediate action to close the restaurant and are now working with the Shelby County Health Department to clean and disinfect the restaurant in accordance with public health guidelines.
No information was given on when the restaurant would re-open.
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- Illinois man discovers 19th-century tunnel beneath his property
- Hissing gator invades Florida woman’s kitchen
- WATCH: Will Alabama pause use on Johnson & Johnson vaccine over blood clot concern?
- ‘Glow on the Green’ golf fundraiser hosted by CBS 42, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham