MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Alabama governor Kay Ivey has shared her thoughts and prayers with President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump following the President’s announcement of their positive coronavirus tests early Friday morning.
Alabama Lt. Gov. Will Ainsworth also tweeted about the president and first lady’s diagnoses, encouraging people to join him in prayer for their “quick recovery.”
As of 8:30 a.m., Alabama senators Doug Jones (D) and Richard Shelby (R) have not tweeted on the matter.
Vice President Mike Pence and his wife have tested negative for the coronavirus. Democratic presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden will reportedly be tested sometime today. In a tweet, Biden said he and his wife Jill were praying for the Trumps’ “swift recovery.”
- Alabama Ghost Stories: Condie Cunningham
- ‘You can’t help but be emotional’: Oak tree ends up in kitchen of Chilton County home
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- National Cat Day: 8 weird things cats do and why
- Residents in Hoover work to recover from Hurricane Zeta storm damages