HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama county grand jury has indicted a former nurse accused of fatally poisoning her husband with supplies stolen from the hospital where she worked.
News outlets reported on Wednesday that Marjorie Nicole Cappello was formally charged with murder in the 2018 death of her husband, James Cappello. Madison County Assistant District Attorney Tim Douthit says authorities believe Nicole Cappello gave her husband a fatal dose of insulin. Jim Cappello was reported missing before being found dead in the garage of the couple’s Huntsville home.
News outlets report Huntsville police Investigator Michael DeNoon previously testified that Jim Cappello had become suspicious his wife was abusing drugs and was preparing to divorce her.
Nicole Cappello’s attorney says he hasn’t received evidence from prosecutors yet.
If convicted, she could face life in prison.
- Running for change in Vestavia Hills
- BPD investigating homicide after person found unresponsive on Jefferson Avenue
- Man accused of stabbing, pepper-spraying Louisiana Walmart employees
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- JSU employee tests positive for COVID-19, 3 others exposed