DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been indicted on charges of killing his mother and burning her body.
News outlets report 36-year-old Chad Brogdon of Enterprise faces charges including murder and corpse abuse in the death of 58-year-old Penny Wilson Newton of Level Plains.
Brogdon was indicted in Dale County, where he’s jailed without bond. He could enter a plea at a hearing set for Oct. 15.
Brogdon was arrested in May one day after his mother’s dismembered was found in a burned vehicle under a bridge in southeast Alabama. Court records indicate the killing happened on Mother’s Day or a couple days afterward.
An attorney representing Brogdon didn’t immediately return an email seeking comment.
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
- Mother arrested after missing Texas boy’s body found in dumpster
- Family seeking answers following death of Aliceville man
- After student tests positive for COVID-19, Birmingham City Schools postpones remaining graduations
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses