MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama legislator has been arrested on a domestic battery charge in Florida.
Jail records show that Rep. Rolanda Hollis of Pinson was arrested Sunday on a misdemeanor domestic battery charge in Destin, Florida. The 52-year-old legislator was released on bond.
An arrest report from the Oklaloosa County Sheriff’s Office says a witness saw Hollis push her husband. The arrest report indicated that Hollis denied any involvement in the physical altercation.
The incident occurred at about 11 p.m. at the Inn on Destin Harbor.
A telephone message left at Hollis’ office was not immediately returned.
- Smashing pumpkins: Oregon Zoo pachyderms go to work
- Equality volunteer firefighter killed in Coosa County crash after responding to fire call
- Police want to solve 30 year old Tuscaloosa County cold case
- Two shot on the Causeway near Ralph and Kacoo’s
- ‘A symbol of acceptance’: Kellogg joins anti-bullying campaign with All Together cereal