MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama legislator has been arrested on a domestic battery charge in Florida.
Jail records show that Rep. Rolanda Hollis of Pinson was arrested Sunday on a misdemeanor domestic battery charge in Destin, Florida. The 52-year-old legislator was released on bond.
An arrest report from the Oklaloosa County Sheriff’s Office says a witness saw Hollis push her husband. The arrest report indicated that Hollis denied any involvement in the physical altercation.
The incident occurred at about 11 p.m. at the Inn on Destin Harbor.
A telephone message left at Hollis’ office was not immediately returned.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Epsilon may become a hurricane near Bermuda
- Central AL Forecast: Above-Average Temps Continue; Showers Friday/Saturday
- Search underway for missing Montgomery woman who may be suffering from impaired judgment
- NASA collects sample of ancient asteroid for voyage back to Earth
- Rapper accused of fraudulently getting $1.2M in jobless benefits after boastful music video