TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama freshman forward Juwan Gary is expected to miss the season with a knee injury.
The school said in a statement Friday that Gary had successful surgery on his right knee Thursday and is expected to make a full recovery.
The four-star prospect is the Crimson Tide’s second newcomer to go down with a preseason injury. Junior college forward James Rojas also sustained a knee injury and is expected to miss the season.
Gary was ranked by ESPN.com as the No. 64 player in his recruiting class and the 12th-best small forward.
He averaged 25 points last season at Liberty Heights High School in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Alabama is led by first-year coach Nate Oats.
- Family calls for justice after 66-year-old shot, killed in crossfire shooting
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Tuscaloosa bars hope to cash in on Alabama’s first game of the season
- US Senate candidates clash over Supreme Court nomination ahead of election