(WIAT) — Starting Thursday, the Alabama Department of Corrections is resuming some activities that were suspended because of the pandemic. Volunteers from religious and non-religious organizations will be allowed into facilities. Work assignments for minimum-custody inmates assigned to government entities will also resume.
- More Showers and Summer Heat, Hot and Stormy Early Next Week | Central AL Forecast
- US Olympian Gable Steveson chases gold, pro wrestling dreams
- Summer concerts are back in full swing at Oak Mountain Amphitheatre
- William Darby, Huntsville police officer convicted of murder resigns from HPD
- Throwing strikes: Track athletes outline quest for gold