TOWN CREEK, Ala. (WHNT) – A boy from Lauderdale County in north Alabama continues to improve after he was critically injured last December when an EF-2 tornado hit his family home and killed his parents.
After spending the last four and a half months recovering, Landen Godsey had his first meal Wednesday after passing his swallow test. According to a Facebook post, Landen requested a trip to McDonald’s to order chicken McNuggets, fries and honey mustard sauce. He later ate a mini burger and milkshake.
The community threw Landen a parade earlier this month to celebrate his 9th birthday.
Family and friends have set up an account to help Landen, his sister, Ali Cross, and their grandmother, Annie Faye Collier, with a new home. To donate to the fundraiser for the family, click here.
- WATCH: President Trump releases full ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of Sunday airing
- Chick-fil-A sauces coming to stores in Alabama
- Central AL Forecast: One more dry day, rain chances and a possible cool-down coming
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child