BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — This Halloween, a 9-year-old girl is planning to go as Alabama’s governor.
On Tuesday, Missy Carter shared a photo on Twitter of her niece, Cate McGriff, dressed up as Gov. Kay Ivey. McGriff, who lives in Rainbow City and attends John S. Jones Elementary, was dressed in a red power suit seen frequently on Ivey, as well as the governor’s trademark short hair and glasses.
“@GovernorKayIvey my adorable niece is your mini-me for her school costume party,” Carter wrote in her post.
It did not take long for Ivey to give her seal of approval.
“Nailed it…to a T,” Ivey responded on Twitter. “I know she will be successful. #WarEagle”
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- Popeyes partnering with Uber to deliver Thanksgiving ‘churkey’
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse
- Drivers urged to slow down and move over for emergency vehicles during holiday travel