CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — Clemson said 23 football players have tested positive for the coronavirus since the athletes returned to campus this month.
The school in all there have been 28 positive tests for COVID-19, including two football staffers and three athletes from other sports.
None of those contracting the virus have been hospitalized.
Those testing positive are isolated for at least 10 days.
The uptick at Clemson is similar to one in the state of South Carolina, which reported a single-day high of 1,081 cases on Friday.
- AP Sources: The Pac-12 will play football this fall, reversing an August decision to postpone until spring
- Jefferson County reflects on progress from statewide Gas Tax increase
- ‘Benadryl challenge’: FDA issues alert over dangerous TikTok trend
- Louisiana 4th grader suspended over BB gun during virtual class
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?