BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Christmas Village Festival announced on Facebook that this year’s event has been canceled.
This announcement comes as the total amount of COVID-19 cases in the state passes 99,000.
In their Facebook post, the Birmingham Christmas Village Festival says that any tickets that were sold for this year’s event can be used in 2021 and refunds are available upon request.
The Birmingham Christmas Village Festival has been a tradition for most Alabama families since its first event back in 1981. Some of the comments even mention how this has been the only place families have taken their children to go see Santa and say what they would like for Christmas. How do you feel about this event being canceled? Let me know on Twitter: @NickErebia.
- Life of former Birmingham police officer remembered ahead of Peace Officers Memorial Day
- North Birmingham coke plant violating air regulations as superfund cleanup continues
- COVID killed five siblings. Now their baby brother fights to save the family farm
- Suspect in Louisiana allegedly drives by school bus, almost hits child, gets arrested again within days
- Juror in HPD Officer William Darby’s murder trial gives firsthand account of the case, the evidence, and the reaction