BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Christmas Village Festival announced on Facebook that this year’s event has been canceled.
This announcement comes as the total amount of COVID-19 cases in the state passes 99,000.
In their Facebook post, the Birmingham Christmas Village Festival says that any tickets that were sold for this year’s event can be used in 2021 and refunds are available upon request.
The Birmingham Christmas Village Festival has been a tradition for most Alabama families since its first event back in 1981. Some of the comments even mention how this has been the only place families have taken their children to go see Santa and say what they would like for Christmas. How do you feel about this event being canceled? Let me know on Twitter: @NickErebia.
- Anniston removes Confederate monument following vote
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years
- More products added to FDA hand sanitizer recall list
- IHOP introduces happy hour, with a twist
- With little movement on new stimulus checks in US, here’s what other countries have done