MONTEVALLO, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (8/19): The two toddlers that were found dead in a hot car Saturday afternoon have been identified.
3-year-old Daniel Garcia and 1-year-old Ivan Salazar both died from pediatric vehicular heatstroke (PVH).
No other information has been released at this time. The investigation is still ongoing.
ORIGINAL (8/15): Authorities are investigating after two brothers, a 1-year-old and 3-year-old, were found dead in a vehicle Saturday afternoon.
Authorities responded to a location near Highway 25 and Reynolds Cemetery Road in Montevallo around 3 p.m.
The Shelby County Coroner, Lina Evans, is calling this a “tragic accident.” According to Evans, the brothers were playing outside the family’s home and entered the vehicle.
The children were not able to get out of the vehicle and were discovered dead, Evans reports. Family members were looking for the boys but it is not clear how long the children had been unaccounted for, or how long they were in the vehicle.
At this time, the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office is investigating and the two brothers’ bodies have been sent off awaiting an autopsy.
- Texas realtor who took private jet to D.C. is charged in Capitol riot
- ADPH reports 130,000 vaccinations administered, still in short supply
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- ‘Beer cave’ from early 1800s discovered in St. Louis neighborhood