UPDATE (March 24): A third, previously unidentified victim of a fatal shooting in Bessemer over the weekend, has been identified.
Javier Monzon Mendoza, 21, was shot Saturday night in the 600 block of Bell Street while outside a home.
BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Following shootings that took place in Bessemer Saturday, two of three victims have been identified.
Christopher Edward Tillman, 39, was shot and killed in the 1900 block of Long 14th Street North in town. According to Jefferson County Deputy Coroner William Yates, Tillman was shot while on the front porch of a home.
In another case, Jason Mendiola, 21, was shot and killed in the 600 block of Bell Street while outside another home.
In addition, an unidentified man was shot in the 600 block of Bell Street while outside a residence.
These cases are being investigated.
- Jefferson County Commission extends closure of courthouses, purchases 55 hospital beds in ’emergency meeting’
- Tuscaloosa restaurants continue to struggle in COVID-19 pandemic
- REPORT: Alabama giving addresses of COVID-19 patients to police, first responders
- How COVID-19 is affecting the Alabama Legislature
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – March 31, 2020