(CNN NEWSOURCE) — The Cadbury Bunny is out of work after his job went to the dogs this year.
Well, one very special dog in particular.
This is “Lieutenant Dan” and he’s the new spokesanimal for the iconic Easter candy. He was named after a character from “Forrest Gump,” because the dog’s back legs were amputated due to a deformity. He even hops around on his front legs like a bunny when he’s not using his wheels to get around.
“Lieutenant Dan” beat out dozens of other furry competitors for the role in the annual Cadbury commercial and with a face like that, it is easy to see why this rescue dog got so many votes.
While Dan got some handsome, pink ears from the gig, his owner took home $5,000. No doubt Dan will get plenty of treats with that, just no chocolate eggs.
- Blood donations needed for next several months
- City of Columbiana refilling residents’ hand sanitizer bottles
- Southside man arrested on multiple sex-related charges
- Etowah County man wanted for rape, sex abuse found in Texas
- President Trump addresses a nation in for “the hardest and saddest week”