FAIRFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — A man is in jail after he shot his wife and her daughter in Fairfield Monday morning.
Around 9:50 a.m., authorities responded to a call in the 700 block of 39th place in Fairfield. According to the caller, a mother and her adult daughter had been shot by the mother’s husband.
Deputies arrived to find the injured females with non-life threatening injuries.
The 42-year-old suspect, Darrick Ansel Dunlap was taken into custody without incident.
Dunlap is being held at the Jefferson County Jail in Bessemer on two counts of second-degree domestic violence. His bond total is set at $20,000.
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate from North Alabama
- 7 ADOC employees test positive for COVID-19 in latest update
- Hale County courthouse closed after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- 2 teens arrested in attempted burglary of gun store