DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — At least two workers at the Wayne Farms poultry facility in Dothan have been hospitalized following an acid leak.
One person’s skin was exposed and another inhaled the vapors emitting from the chemical spilled Wednesday. Roughly 14 other workers who were in the area of the leak are being monitored. The plant also was evacuated, but news outlets report employees have since been let back inside.
Deputy Fire Chief Chris Etheredge says the acid was reportedly being used in a cleaning process.
The leak remains under investigation.