TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Two construction workers were transported to DCH Medical Center in Tuscaloosa after a construction accident Saturday evening.
Around 5 p.m., Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue responded to a construction accident at Bryant Denny Stadium. Engine 2, Truck 32, Rescue 27 and Battalion 2 all responded to the scene, Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue reports.
During the accident, two 40-foot beams fell striking a man lift operated by two workers. Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue assisted in the extrication of both victims that were trapped and both were transported to DCH Tuscaloosa, authorities say.
The two construction workers are in serious condition.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Community members invited to participate in neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt
- Coronavirus: ALEA crews take extra precautions rescuing injured hiker
- Brighton firefighter recovering from presumed COVID-19 case after wife tested positive
- Lincoln High School senior athlete and student banners hung around city
- COVID-19 forcing multiple Northport stores to close