TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Two construction workers were transported to DCH Medical Center in Tuscaloosa after a construction accident Saturday evening.
Around 5 p.m., Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue responded to a construction accident at Bryant Denny Stadium. Engine 2, Truck 32, Rescue 27 and Battalion 2 all responded to the scene, Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue reports.
During the accident, two 40-foot beams fell striking a man lift operated by two workers. Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue assisted in the extrication of both victims that were trapped and both were transported to DCH Tuscaloosa, authorities say.
The two construction workers are in serious condition.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- Family of missing Bibb County woman speaks out about her disappearance
- Politicians, dignitaries react to the death of Justice Ginsburg
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Alabama native and Auburn grad Laurel Goldman competing on CBS’s ‘Love Island’