NORTHPORT, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE: According to Capt. Jack Kennedy of the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit, a suspect has been arrested in connection to Thursday night’s shooting in a Northport neighborhood.
The shooting took place at the West Circle apartments. Northport Police Department responded to the scene find a victim, 26-year-old Michael Archibald. Archibald was suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to a hospital but did not survive.
Tuscaloosa VCU assumed the investigation.
Investigators determined that Archibald had been involved in a domestic altercation with his sister, 30-year-old Michelle Renee Scroggins.
According to Capt. Kennedy, shortly after the altercation, Scroggins went outside, retrieved a firearm from a vehicle and then fired several shots at both her brother and her brother’s wife.
Archibald’s wife was not struck by the gunfire.
After investigators interviewed witnesses and gathered evidence from the scene, Scroggins was charged with one count of murder. She is also charged with an additional count of attempted murder for the shots fired at Archibald’s wife. Her total bond is $210,000.
ORIGINAL STORY: Northport Police and the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit are investigating a fatal shooting in the West Circle Neighborhood in Northport.
The incident occurred in the 3500 block of 5th street Northport.
Officers tell CBS 42 that one person is deceased.
We are working to gather more information at this time.
Check back for updates.
- Justice Ginsburg to lie in repose at the Supreme Court & U.S. Capitol
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Auburn man sentenced for making false statements to FBI about involvement distributing ISIS propaganda
- ‘Dreamer’ worries about DACA with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92