VINEMONT, Ala. (WIAT) — A 70-year-old Tennessee man died in a plane crash near Cullman Regional Airport Saturday evening.
Around 6 p.m., the aircraft caught on fire and crashed into a wooded area near the Cullman airport. The aircraft has been identified as a Piper PA-32, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reports. Two people were aboard.
According to Cullman County Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick, John Sigman, of Dyersburg, Tennessee, died in the crash. The FAA will investigate the crash and the NTSB will determine the probable cause of the accident.
- Managers hopeful end of pandemic unemployment funding will help labor shortage
- ‘Bin Laden’ blamed for Mexican police commander’s assassination
- Chipotle increasing average wage to $15 per hour
- Angela Mayo sentenced to 50 years for Tuscaloosa murder after guilty plea
- Disabled migrant girl whose father carried her most of the journey from Honduras allowed to seek care in U.S.