VINEMONT, Ala. (WIAT) — A 70-year-old Tennessee man died in a plane crash near Cullman Regional Airport Saturday evening.
Around 6 p.m., the aircraft caught on fire and crashed into a wooded area near the Cullman airport. The aircraft has been identified as a Piper PA-32, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reports. Two people were aboard.
According to Cullman County Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick, John Sigman, of Dyersburg, Tennessee, died in the crash. The FAA will investigate the crash and the NTSB will determine the probable cause of the accident.
- Russell County High School coach arrested; allegedly assaulted player
- Can’t find the Amazon app icon on your phone? That’s because it got a makeover
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill
- Walt Maddox wins fifth term as Tuscaloosa’s mayor
- New York is ready for a new governor in 2022, NewsNation poll finds