BIRMINGHAM, Ala., (WIAT) — For the first time since Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney passed away, her family is speaking out.
Sharon Thomas, Cupcake’s grandmother, said she’s holding onto the precious memories of their angel and that the love for her will never go away.
“She just loved her family. I just miss her laughter and the smiles on her face,” Thomas said.
Thomas said she’s not too sure about Thanksgiving plans this year. Yet, in the face of all that pain in a season when seemingly everyone else is holly, she relies on her faith and still gives thanks to the city of Birmingham, and even the country, for their support.
“We, from the Thomas family, would like to thank you from our heart. For everything. It’s very much appreciated,” she said.
Both Patrick Stallworth and Derick Irisha Brown have been charged with capital murder of a child under the age of 14. Their preliminary hearing is Dec. 10.
- Local warming shelters to open as temperatures drop below freezing
- 1 suspect in custody in police chase that caused BPD cruiser accident
- 1 killed, 1 injured in vehicle accident in east Birmingham
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Birmingham church burglary suspect arrested