BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A Birmingham photographer is on a mission to document and photograph all murals in the city and surrounding area.
In early September, she made an interactive Google Map that shows where to locate them. She’s documented more than 170 so far, and already has a list of 50 more to photograph.
Havasi said she’s thankful people can still go appreciate this type of outdoor artwork in a time many museums and galleries are closed.
“A lot of murals are in public spaces, so you can just go there,” Havasi said. “You just take a picture, you don’t have to pay for it. You can enjoy it. It’s something anyone can appreciate.”
Havasi also works as a researcher at UAB. She said she’s glad her hobby can help spread the work about the growing number of murals here. She always likes to give credit to the artists to help them become better-known.
The interactive Google Map can be found on her Facebook page, “Murals of Birmingham.”
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Biden goes on offense in Georgia while President Trump targets Midwest
- Trump encourages people to change their ballots. Here are states where you can
- SEC fines Lane Kiffin over officiating complaints
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state