SEVERE WEATHER: There is also a change for strong to severe thunderstorms on Wednesday evening into Thursday morning. An area of low pressure will develop in southern Texas and lift through Mississippi. This will bring our next strong cold front through the area. Temperatures will be warm ahead of the front and this could create enough instability to lead to severe weather Wednesday night into the overnight hours on Thursday. Damaging winds and tornadoes cannot be ruled out. TIMING: A line of strong storms will work into West Alabama around 7 p.m. and continue through the I-65 corridor around midnight and moving into East Alabama after midnight.
FRIDAY: Rain will come to an end for the second half of Thursday, as the a front finally slides through the region. We will be dry on Friday with temperatures returning to near where they should be for mid-February.
- Large house fire underway, Brighton Fire Department working to extinguish flames
- Central AL Forecast: Slightly warmer, still cool to wrap up the month
- As coronavirus spreads, surgical masks run short throughout Birmingham
- Bart Starr Jr. speaks up for death row inmate facing execution
- Relatives sue Alabama prisons over 4 inmate suicides