Central AL Forecast: Tracking A Few Strong Evening Storms

Forecast

Tracking the Tropics

More Tracking the Tropics

As we enter into this upcoming week, no big changes come as we move into Monday–still hot, humid & sunny (20% chance of showers). Gradually, however, our chances of rain will pick back up as the week moves on. Highs will remain in the 90s for the remainder of the week.

By Tuesday & Wednesday, we’ll see better coverage of summer storms (40% chance), while Thursday & Friday should see the best coverage (60% chance). As always with summer storms, it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly who will get rain & who won’t. What I can say is that overall rainfall totals for the week ahead aren’t very high. Totals can vary widely, but on average, we can expect half an inch to 1″ areawide by next weekend.

In the tropics, we’ll be watching a developing feature currently located over Hispanola. This tropical wave will track Northwest into the Gulf of Mexico by roughly Tuesday/Wednesday. The National Hurricane Center currently gives it a 20% chance of development over the next 5 days. It’s difficult to say right now whether this could impact our weather here at home, but we’ll watch it as the week progresses.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

TRENDING STORIES

CBS 42 Cares

See more on CBS 42 Cares page