LOS ANGELES, Calif. (WIAT) — Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. fought to an eight round draw in their exhibition fight on Saturday night, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The 54-year-old Tyson and the 51-year-old Jones fought two minute rounds with 12 inch gloves.
Neither seemed to throw more than or two punches at a time before ending up in the clinch to be broken up by referee Ray Corona.
Tyson occasionally landed his trademark left hook at a distance while Jones showed flashes of his old self with no-look jabs.
Rap icon Snoop Dogg joined the team for the final two fights and the card and delivered some great one-liners while also openly rooting for Jones in the main event.
Tyson hasn’t fought professionally in 15 years.
- Famed civil rights lawyer Fred Gray on vaccine mistrust
- Moore, 16 other congress members pledge to find common ground with Biden administration
- Proposed landfill in Jefferson County raises concern for residents
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- ‘Zip Tie Guy’ had 15 firearms, tactical gear in his home, court documents say