BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Rapper Hurricane Chris, who rose to fame in 2007, has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with a shooting in Shreveport, Louisiana.
According to the police report, officers found Danzeria Farris Jr. shot outside a convenience store Friday, June 19. He later died at a hospital.
Police said the rapper, whose real name is Christopher Dooley, claimed the shooting was in self defense following a struggle over his vehicle. Detectives said the vehicle did not belong to Dooley — rather, it was reported stolen from Texas.
Dooley was charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of illegal possession of stolen things.
The rapper is best known for his song “Ay Bay Bay.”
- 8-year-old child shot in Center Point
- Sheriff shares new information in hot car death investigation
- ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’: 9-year-old Oklahoma boy wants place to call home
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- Eat Drink Ride Food Tour in Birmingham emerges amid COVID-19 pandemic