(NEXSTAR) – Musician Ariel Pink of hits such as “Baby” and “Lipstick” confirmed on Twitter Thursday that he attended the pro-Trump rally that led to the violent storming of the Capitol building Wednesday.
“I was in dc to peacefully show my support for the president,” he said. “I attended the rally on the White House lawn and went back to hotel and took a nap. case closed.”
The Los Angeles-based musician, born Ariel Marcus Rosenberg, later added: “I don’t and never have advocated for violent confrontation or rioting. must be my boomer upbringing.”
Pink went on to say, “welcome to the panoptigan” — perhaps intending to write “panopticon,” a system of surveillance and control made famous by theorist Michel Foucault — and added, “Save yourselves friends, cancel me now and turn me in before they come for you.”
His manager did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Pink, known for his lo-fi aesthetic and influential indie music, has been tweeting his support for President Trump since at least October.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor