(WIAT) — The producers of “Mean Girls” the musical, are turning the Broadway hit into a movie.
Comedian Tina Fey, who wrote the original 2004 film and musical to the big screen.
The musical, currently playing at the August Wilson Theatre in New York City, was been nominated for 12 Tony Awards in 2018.
Fey says “It has been incredibly gratifying to see how much the movie and the musical have meant to audiences.”
No release date for the film has been announced.
- Bessemer Marines return home from year-long deployment; sergeant meets son for first time
- Tropical Storm Cristobal Closing in on Louisiana
- Running for change in Vestavia Hills
- BPD investigating homicide after person found unresponsive on Jefferson Avenue
- Man accused of stabbing, pepper-spraying Louisiana Walmart employees