(WIAT) — The producers of “Mean Girls” the musical, are turning the Broadway hit into a movie.
Comedian Tina Fey, who wrote the original 2004 film and musical to the big screen.
The musical, currently playing at the August Wilson Theatre in New York City, was been nominated for 12 Tony Awards in 2018.
Fey says “It has been incredibly gratifying to see how much the movie and the musical have meant to audiences.”
No release date for the film has been announced.
- Mother of three still missing, family grows more concerned
- Second person charged in Fort Valley State student’s murder
- DeVos cites flexibility as Dems slam education block grants
- Man who slashed ‘Baby Trump’ during Bama-LSU game ordered to enter diversion program
- Amber Alert issued for 3 Georgia children abducted by ‘heavily armed’ man