WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government’s highway safety agency approved a request by General Motors to recall four 2021 vehicle makes due to a malfunctioning air bag warning light.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Friday that the cars in question include the Buick Envision, Cadillac CT4 and CT5, Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Corvette, Suburban and Tahoe, and GMC Yukon and Yukon XL.
The government said 285,622 vehicles were affected by the software-related issue, which could cause the air bag light to illuminate inconsistently and fail to notify the driver of an actual problem.
- Large truck overturned on I-20/59 westbound near I-65, traffic down to one lane
- Two shot while in car in Bessemer, police confirm
- Rain in Tuscaloosa leads to significant flooding, causing cars to stall
- Shelby Humane to hold ‘Clear the Shelter’ event Saturday in Leeds
- Restaurant Week kicks off in Hoover