(WIAT/CNN) — Preheat to 350 and enjoy! Today is National Cookie Day, and that’s reason enough to indulge in a fresh-baked goodie.
There’s no better time of year to bake up some love. The gift of a cookie is the perfect way to spread holiday cheer at work, school and everywhere in between.
Cookies are one of the most popular American desserts., but the word actually comes from the Dutch word for “little cake.”
You can mix up batches with a variety of flavors to share, like chocolate chip, gingerbread and iced sugar cookies are popular as gifts this time of year.
Share your favorite recipes on social media or with your best friends.
- Auburn man sentenced for making false statements to FBI about involvement distributing ISIS propaganda
- ‘Dreamer’ worries about DACA with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Doug Jones wary of GOP rush to fill SCOTUS vacancy
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake