One Class at a Time: Munford Middle School

One Class at a Time

This week, I went to Munford Middle School in Talladega County to surprise a deserving teacher with a $1,000 check.

Johanna Morgan is an 8th-grade math teacher at the school, who plans to use her One Class at a Time grant to purchase drones.

“We have a lot of outdoor classroom areas here, and I think it will be a great idea for the students to learn how to fly drones because one, that is something in the technology field and we are big on STEAM,” Morgan said.  “So that is part of our PBL. Our students are going to be able to fly drones over all of the outdoor classrooms, focusing mainly on the bluebird trails. This way, the people who visit our schools can also see all the different outdoor classroom areas that we have here at Munford Middle School.”

While I was at the school, I also let some of the students check out the CBS 42 Storm Team Weather Alert Unit.

If you or someone you know would like to win a One Class at a Time grant, CLICK HERE.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

ONE CLASS AT A TIME sponsored by eCO Credit Union

CBS 42 College Football Challenge

CBS 42 College Football Saturday

CBS 42 Community Events

More CBS 42 Community Events