EAST LANSING, Mich. (CNN/WIAT) — A Michigan State University football player had his two best friends at his side as he hit a milestone in his collegiate career.
Josh Butler ran onto the field with his two dogs, Remi and Roxy, for Senior Day last Saturday.
The Michigan State cornerback made his entrance into Spartan Stadium, receiving one last ovation.
The moment was a highlight for the 23-year-old after a couple of heartbreaking losses.
Butler’s mother, Ladrida Bagley, died in April 2019 of breast cancer.
Her death came two years after his father’s death.
Butler said his dogs and his teammates helped him work through his grief and focus on the good in life.
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’
- Dunkin’ offering free coffee deal
- Central AL Forecast: Scattered Showers; Cold Front Arrives Monday Night
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Gameday on the Plains in 2020