BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There’s a new chapter in Birmingham sports as the city prepares to open Protective Stadium in 2021.
The state-of-the-art stadium will serve as UAB’s new home after the Blazers spent nearly 30 years playing at Legion Field. “The Old Gray Lady” has seen quite a bit in her 93 years.
CBS 42’s Simone Eli spoke with a few people who experienced Legion Field in its prime. Watch the story in the player above.
- Cows take over neighborhood
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting