AUBURN, Ala– Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele has agreed to a new three-year contract that will take him through the 2022 season, Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn announced Wednesday.
“Kevin has done a fantastic job with our defense the last four years making it one of the best in the country,” Malzahn said. “This will provide great stability and leadership for our defense in the future. I’m appreciative of Kevin’s hard work.”
During Steele’s tenure as defensive coordinator the last four years, Auburn’s defense has ranked in the top 20 nationally in scoring defense. Auburn is one of only five FBS programs to hold opponents under 20 points per game in each of the last four seasons.
- Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- Newfeed Now: Remembering RBG; Major flooding in Texas
- Volunteers build playground for 6-year-old South Carolina boy with leukemia
- NASA sending first woman, next man to the moon in 2024
- LIVE: Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court